Here’s a quick connection guide for your new CK Series Keyboard
Get connected in three easy steps! The CK’s USB TO HOST port connects MIDI and audio from the CK to your computer or iOS device down a single USB cable. This allows a multitude of recording and performance possibilities with a single cable. For example:
- You can record and playback MIDI tracks.
- You can record CK stereo audio digitally to your DAW.
- You can play and monitor computer/iOS audio through the CK’s audio outputs.
- You can play and monitor virtual instruments.
CK isn't just a great stage keyboard it's also a great MIDI controller and audio interface. You can do all the things mentioned above, and you can even record vocalists or instrumentalists connected to the CK A/D input. And if you don’t have access to external speakers you can monitor through the CK’s onboard speakers. That’s a versatile music production system. To connect to a Mac or Windows computer system you need one easy to install software component: The Yamaha-Steinberg USB Driver.
DRIVER DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION
The Yamaha-Steinberg USB Driver lets you use audio and MIDI with your computer. Download for your OS at the links below.
After downloading the file, follow the included installation instructions.
- Connect CK’s USB TO HOST port to your computer’s USB port using a “type A to type B” cable.
- Connect CK to iOS with the aforementioned USB cable and a lightning to USB or USB C to USB adapter.
CONNECTING BLUETOOTH AUDIO
You can connect the audio output from mobile devices with Bluetooth audio. The audio output will play through the onboard speakers and though the stereo output. It’s a great way to learn a song, add a backing track or just listen to tunes! Here’s how to connect a mobile device:
LINKS TO GO DEEPER