Clear all

Windows 10 Spring 2018 Feature Update 1803

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just installed this update on my Windows 10 PC.

In order to get everything to work, I then had to uninstall and reinstall the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver.

I also had to run the synchronization and maintenance task on the Cubase eLicenser.

Posted : 12/05/2018 2:05 am
 Tom
Trusted Member

Way Back When Microsoft Started 'Windows'

I coined the phrase "Nothing Simple. Is Ever Easy":p

Totally on Their behalf.

My 2 Music Computers. Are Never online.(Win 7 and Win 8.1).

The last time I let a Windows update on one of those 2 Computers.
It totally Screwed up 70 percent of my Music Software. Had to Use the Cloned drive. To Restore it.

I would use a Apple. But there are some very Ambiguous Terms/Claims. In Apples TOS. Even Music lawyers. Are concerned about Apples TOS.
(It is why. No major Corp Will use Apple. Major corps Legal dept.'s Thoroughly Investigate TOS. Drop Box is a prime Example of a Ambiguous Claim of ownership Rights. And they will not change it. Neither will Apple.)

The advice I have given to Every Musicition I know. Keep your music Computer. Only for Music. And Never online. Never update it with Updates.
(Microsoft. Does not care about music or any arts.)
You can not safely Be online. Because Windows Sneaks things into your computer to force updates. And other things.(Well documented).
This just happened on this computer 1 month ago.

Yes Getting Your Music software updates is. A little more of a Hassle. But Well worth it. Use a Flash Drive. And Read the updates.
New TOS completely. I will not use the New "Free" Sonar. Because there is something in the TOS. That is way to Vague.
"Nothing worth having is Free"!

Posted : 12/05/2018 3:03 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Hopefully one of these updates will install a Bluetooth MIDI to standard MIDI driver so incomplete shim programs like MIDIBerry / WindSynthBerry / loopMIDI are not needed to "kind of" get bluetooth MIDI working under Windows. 1803 doesn't do this yet. I believe the strategy is to leave this up to the end-device manufacturers right now (take Korg's wireless bluetooth drivers as an example).

Posted : 12/05/2018 3:06 am
 Tom
Trusted Member

Bluetooth Midi. Sorry I do not care about something with latency like that.

Posted : 12/05/2018 4:07 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us