Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What are in 2020 the possibilities to add an external touch screen to montage?

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Is there some improvement for hacking the montage in that way for people who have neck problems?

Posted : 26/02/2020 4:06 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

As far as I know, the same options as 1998.

There were some touchscreens that were added to the list by someone overseas. These are only in foreign markets (to me) - China I believe - with no local distribution (for me). But it would take a lot more people trying different monitors to get a list going since this isn't seemingly a vacuum that Yamaha is going to fill due to the unsupported nature of the feature.

Posted : 26/02/2020 10:12 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

ok i see, no pity for the broken neck 😀

Posted : 27/02/2020 7:32 am
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The firmware of Montage supports touch on external display due to the inclusion of touch driver 'egalax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWGcXz__oPs

digitalperfomer7
il y a 1 an
The text is not so much informative... I translated through Google translate

Connect external touch screen LCD to YAMAHA MONTAGE, operation test. Attention! (ATTENTION): External touch screen LCD connection is outside of manufacturer's warranty. We and YAMAHA are not responsible even if MONTAGE or connected equipment malfunction like this. The USB VGA adapter can be displayed with VGA connection, DVI connection or HDMI connection. If you have a product with DisplayLink's DL - 165 chip, it is highly likely to move. (The VGA adapter consumes a lot of power, so if you connect it directly to the USB (Device) of MONTAGE, it may break down, please make sure to pass through a USB hub that can supply power from the outside) MONTAGE's USB (Device) terminal is USB flash Because we assume storage, the power we can supply is small. You need to use a self-powered USB hub that comes with a large output AC adapter. Also, it is necessary to turn on the power of the USB hub and the power of the external LCD before turning on MONTAGE. 1) When touching the external touch screen LCD, the touch screen of the main unit can not be used. Also, the backlight of the main unit LCD lights, but there is no indication. (Black screen) 2) When there is no touch function (or USB for touch detection is not connected) When the external LCD is connected, it is possible to display the clone of the built-in LCD on the external LCD and use the touch screen LCD of the main unit I can do it. Advantages of using the external LCD are (1) to be able to operate even if the main body LCD is difficult to operate depending on the installation location of the main unit even if it is separated from the main unit by using a monitor arm etc, (2) MONTAGE's Is it possible to operate with a capacitive touch screen that is more durable than a touch screen?

The LCD brand is GreenHouse (GH-LCT22C-BK).
The connection method with MONTAGE is the USB 2.0 to Device terminal.
USB 2.0 HUB is connected and the USB-VGA adapter (Wavlink USB 2.0 VGA / DVI / HDMI multi display adapter) and the USB cable for touch detection of the LCD are connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_GQAqPY_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kucrSCubxzs

but some possibilities????? i guess is there some change now with the usb of montage V 3 ?

Posted : 27/02/2020 8:13 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The LCD brand is GreenHouse (GH-LCT22C-BK).

Yes, this was the China market touchscreen I was alluding to earlier.

The driver used in Linux is known - but there is not a great list of monitors listed by driver type. So what we're left with is having people test all the touchscreens they have and hope that others are added to the compatible list. It's unreasonable to ask people to buy monitors for the purpose of testing because there's a high probability that this would be a waste of time and money instead of just a waste of time. Unless you're OK with having negative results and can return the product and this return can be done ethically.

For instance, I researched the driver and hardware of existing monitors and thought a monitor offered by a touchscreen company had a high probability of working. I asked them if they would lend me a monitor to test. They did - but it did not work. This is what I am meaning my ethical returns.

At any rate - it's not likely that we're going to see much movement - because it's a lot of potential work for little gain to shoot in the dark.

Posted : 28/02/2020 4:37 am
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

i see, but would it be unreasonable that yamaha pay attention to that, technical issue for sure and not an urgent need? in mean time i will ask for:D massage neck !

Posted : 28/02/2020 8:29 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yamaha has been clear that you're lucky to know anything about this feature given it's unsupported.

Note that if you just need a screen for display - but are not concerned about the touch feature - then this is easy as you can use a variety of monitors for this usage.

Posted : 28/02/2020 11:40 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us