Clear all

Volume level goes up dramatically below middle C on PRE1 114 Swishie

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
Eminent Member
Topic starter

To my ear at least the volume level of the notes goes up dramatically when you play notes below middle C. Trying to figure out if this is something that can be adjusted. Tried playing with gains for different frequencies but not having any luck

Posted : 29/12/2022 3:46 pm
Prominent Member

That performance has 1 part with 3 elements. If you review the settings for each element (p38 of the Reference doc) you can see that you can adjust the volume/level for each element.

Element 3 is the high-pitched tone that is mostly audible below F3 and has a high volume/level setting. So it begins to contribute to volume in the range you describe.

Experiment with adjusting the volume/level settings for the elements.

Posted : 29/12/2022 6:01 pm
Bad Mister

In the MOXF, "Swishie" is a VOICE. It is a drawbar organ emulation with three Elements. Each Element represents a different drawbar footage.
Element 1 = the 16' (Sub-Harmonic)
Element 2 = the 8' (Principle)
Element 3 = the 1" (3 octaves above the Principle and 4 octaves above the Sub-Harmonic)

This sound is a very typical Gospel organ tone, which is mostly the 16' and the 1' drawbars almost fully drawn, and a bit of the 8' to support the Sub-Harmonic

The distance between the 16' and the 1' is four full octaves so it is a speaker test. What you are experiencing is likely the response of your sound system. If it contains a subwoofer expect that the 16' drawbar (Element 1) to produce a lot of movement in your low end transducer.

When attempting to judge if it is something that can be adjusted - consider, first, your particular sound system.
Since this particular sound is mostly two tones, 4 octaves apart - expect low lows and high highs.

What is your sound system?

Posted : 30/12/2022 4:10 pm
 Mike
Eminent Member
Topic starter

For in house practice, I use a set of Roland Studio Monitors. I will have to try it with my amplifiers and see if things are different.

Posted : 01/01/2023 2:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us