Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Reface Power Supply PA-130B - International plug adapters not included !!!

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Eoin
Topic starter

Hi

Just purchased bought a Reface DX and a Reface CP.

Included in the box is the PA-130B Power Supply.

This particular Power Supply has interchangeable plug tips (see the image attached).

HOWEVER, no international plug tips have been supplied.

I can't seem to find any information anywhere about how I can obtain UK plug tips for this power supply.

I find it ridiculous that they were not included in the first place.

Where can I find them please?

Attached files

Posted : 11/05/2017 9:44 am
Bad Mister

If you are in the U.K. please contact Yamaha Music Europe
Sherbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes
MK7 8BL, UK
Tel. +44-1908-366700

Posted : 11/05/2017 10:28 am
 Eoin
Topic starter

Thanks

I'm not in the UK. I'm in Ireland.

Is it the same ?

Is there no email support ?

I can't find an email anywhere either.

Posted : 11/05/2017 11:22 am
 Eoin
Topic starter

Abysmal!

Yamaha support basically told me to fork out €60 for for UK versions of the PA-130

DESPITE the fact that two tiny plug adapters are all that is required to fix the problem

Poor service in every sense of the word

These should have been included with the product

I'm now stuck with two synths that I have to either pay €60 more,

or else buy after market non-proprietary hardware to actually use.

Useless!

Posted : 11/05/2017 1:06 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

WTF?

Come on Yamaha, help this guy - for free! Somebody who already paid for 2 Reface keyboards should get a complete and working package.
This is not the way to deal with your customers.

Posted : 12/05/2017 6:45 pm
 Eoin
Topic starter

Martin wrote:

WTF?

Come on Yamaha, help this guy - for free! Somebody who already paid for 2 Reface keyboards should get a complete and working package.
This is not the way to deal with your customers.

Thank you Martin!

Yes the problem could be easily solved with little less than €5 worth of plastic.

Plastic I'd be very happy to pay for.

Yamaha don't seem to care.

And Thomann, who knowingly sold me the synths, with the wrong power supply, to a UK region, don't care either.

It borders on ridiculous to know that these plug adapters exist, but no one will supply them to me.

As a first time experience of buying Yamaha products, this is very disappointing.

I am very tempted to just send back both my Reface synths for a full refund and be done with Yamaha.

I am fully entitled to do so.

Posted : 15/05/2017 8:22 am
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

To everyone on this thread:

We have passed this information over to your Yamaha subsidiary in the UK. As you have probably gathered this site is administered in the US. We cannot address your power supply issue in this forum, but we have passed this information on and Bad Mister has supplied a direct line for you to contact.

Apologies for your issues and I sincerely hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Posted : 18/05/2017 4:12 am
 Eoin
Topic starter

Thanks

But as I already mentioned above...

I have already contacted Yamaha UK and they don't really give a s**t.

They told me to fork out MORE money for the correct adapters

I appreciate that you yourself cannot help me from here but this is the official Reface forum

So if Yamaha won't help me directly over the phone then where else am I to go to get this resolved ??

Posted : 21/05/2017 8:50 pm

Additional country adapters fitting the Yamaha APD power supplies can be bought at AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32837790855.html

Posted : 15/07/2020 3:42 pm
 dave

Are you saying no pins at all were provided? Thats got to be a Thomanns issue then.

Thomanns would, or should, have included a shaver adapter with the order. Have you checked the outer packaging?

Its common practice for them (and DV247) to supply equipment with European plugs. It’s annoying i admit, but as they are based in mainland Europe, and buy in mainly for that region it’s understandable.

I brought mine from the UK and it came with the correct pins.

You can get cheap PSU’s Amazon which work just as well.

Posted : 16/07/2020 11:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us