Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Problems with Yamaha MODX6, distorted sound when inserting effects. IC804 and IC805

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am a user of a Yamaha Modx6 and today when turning on the keyboard, the keyboard sound was distorted. I realized that this is only occurring when there is an inserted effect. I downgraded and updated the Modx system and the problem persisted. I did the system tests and a failure was detected in "Ic 803" and "Ic 804". The keyboard never suffered any kind of accident, I don't know what to do.
I got in touch with Yamaha Brasil and they didn't even answer my email.

Posted : 18/12/2020 3:31 pm
Bad Mister

Continue your efforts to reach out to Yamaha in Brasil. Your instrument will need authorized service. Unplug it and take it and the power adapter you were using when this issue occurred to the recommended service center.

Posted : 18/12/2020 4:19 pm
Topic starter

I received the technical assistance budget alleging a problem with the Modx β€œDM board” (mainboard), and in this case only a change of the board solves the problem.
Yamaha do Brasil is not showing interest in solving my problem, because the keyboard is out of warranty due to having more than a year of use. It is not plausible that an instrument in the state in which it is found to have flaws of this nature.
Since it does not have any type of damage resulting from use, it is verified that it is a failure caused by some phase of the product assembly and / or production process. I am trying to reach a friendly settlement with Yamaha do Brasil, but it seems that they are not caring about me. πŸ™

Posted : 18/03/2021 1:17 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us