PLG-150 DX - editin...

Notifications
Clear all

PLG-150 DX - editing FX / Plug-in voices from software editor

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have installed the PLG-150 DX in my S80 (ref. below) and every thing works fine. I have installed XG Works 3.07 on my machine and the plugin editors DX Easy editor and DX simulator seem to perform their tasks fine. Could anyone advise me how to edit the effect settings of the Plug-in voices from the PC? I can edit Board voices using the 2 plug-ins, however, I can't access the effect settings. Is it possible to edit Plug-in voices from software at all, or is it limited to Board voices?

Posted : 02/09/2017 11:11 am
Bad Mister

Certainly the DX Editors edit the PLG150-DX Board Voices. The PLG Boards could be hosted by a wide variety of products. The Boards are literally the synthesis engine, it borrows almost everything else from the "host" product... keyboard, controllers, effects, screen, outputs, etc.

Editing the Effects therefore, would not be found in the DX Editors, but would be done by editing the S80 host. When you edit the S80, the so-called "Plug-in Voices" are those that are identical to regular S80 Voices but the data references the DX Board Voice as its Oscillator. So instead of pointing to a Sample as in a normal S80 Voice, the data references the PLG150-DX. The S80 parameters include your Effects.

It was nineteen years ago, so I'm going from memory here...

Posted : 02/09/2017 12:32 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us