Notifications
Clear all

MOXF8 playing MIDI in Pro Tolls 2020

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I am new in the forum.
I have a MOXF8 and just updated my OSX to High Sierra (10.13) and installed the Pro Tools 2020.5.
I have never used the Mox in this computer as a MIDI, just as an instrument by itself. But now, after the update I am trying to produce some new songs with MIDI.
I downloaded the driver V1.9.10, which is not the last, but the proper for my system. I apparently did everything correct. I got to record midi using the keyboard and reproduce the sound of this recording through the instrument that was in that moment.
The biggest problem is that I cannot listen to the instrument MIDI while playing the keyboard. I have a small sound box plugged in the p10 out and can listen to the piano that is chosen in the keyboard, but not the pads, horns or whatever is in the track while playing.
I did not chose the keyboard as the interface. I am using a Focusrite as the interface, but just wanted the keyboard to work as MIDI.
Seems to be a dumb setting that I made, but have tried everything or almost everything.
Thanks.

Posted : 27/07/2020 11:02 pm
Bad Mister

I have a small sound box plugged in the p10 out and can listen to the piano that is chosen in the keyboard, but not the pads, horns or whatever is in the track while playing.

Sorry, I don’t understand this sentence, can you explain ... what is “a small sound box”? And what is a “p10”... we have no idea...

Posted : 27/07/2020 11:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us