Notifications
Clear all

Motif ES Rack, 2 PLG150-AN and AN Expert Editor under Windows 10

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michele
Topic starter

Although it might sound crazy, after having reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, I succeeded installing successfully both AN1x Edit and AN Expert Editor.

At present on the latter, although I installed also Midisport MIDI interface drivers, I'm not able to see the name of the avaliable MIDI ports within the program.

I'm suspecting that to edit the internal PLG150-AN boards I have to install also a USB MIDI driver from Yamaha. In this way I can edit either PLG150-AN on slot 1 or the one in slot 2 (although I think to engage the poly expand feature, to increase polyphony).

While AN1x Edit recognized MIDI interface immediately, AN Expert Editor seems not seeing it.

Am I doing something wrong or did I overlook something?

Posted : 17/03/2018 5:44 pm
Bad Mister

I don’t see any mention of your connecting the Motif-Rack ES to the computer via USB (Totally necessary to run the Editors...and the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver).

I am not familiar with AN1x.
I assume you are referring to AN1x Expert Editor from Yamaha

See this thread for others attempting to relive 2002: near the bottom someone was successful in Windows 10...
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/yamaha-an1x-editor-for-windows-8-1

Posted : 17/03/2018 8:51 pm
Michele
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right, I have forgot/overlooked to install Yamaha MIDI/USB drivers and Studio Manager, where AN Expert Editor can live within.

Unlikely AN1x Editor which is a stand alone application that needs just a MIDI interface, AN Expert Editor is a different beast.

Posted : 18/03/2018 11:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us