Montage, macOS Monterey & 2021 M1 16" Macbook Pro

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I recently purchased a 2021
M1 16" MacBook Pro.
It's operating system is macOS 12.1 "Monterey",
& It only works with LogicPro 10.7 as well.

Looking on usa.yamaha.com for an available Yamaha Steinburg USB driver, I can see that this one is not available yet.
There is a Yamaha Steinburg USB driver (V3.0.5) for Mac macOS 11 which is for Big Sur.
& the Montage Connect (V1.1.0) for Mac macOS 11 which is for Big Sur & macOS 10.15 - 10.12 which is for Catalina.
These won't be compatible,
I already know.
These work perfectly fine for the Intel based Macs using Big Sur with no problems.
But will need to use Rosetta 2 if using Big Sur on an M1 Mac, if I'm correct?

I'm also using a 2020 Intel based iMac, running (macOS 10.15 "Catalina")
using the Yamaha Steinburg USB driver (V2.0.5) & Montage Connect (V1.1.0).
Both the usb driver & the Montage Connect work perfectly fine.
I get to use both LogicPro 10.6 & the free Cubase AI version when I purchased my Montage using this Intel based iMac with no problems.
I have no need to software update this iMac at all.

Will Yamaha have the compatible Yamaha Steinburg USB driver & the Montage Connect app compatible with the 2021 M1 16" MacBook Pro's running macOS version 12.1 "Monterey" & the
Logic Pro version 10.7
available anytime soon?
Will they be M1 Natively running or will I still have to use the Rosetta 2 for them to work as well?

I absolutely love my Montage.
I wish to use the MacBook with the Montage soon. (for Studio use)
Im also looking into purchasing a Modx if & when it can be used with the MacBook as well. (for Studio, live performances & Portability)

I just can't find any information regarding the compatiblity or if there will be a usb driver & the Montage/Modx Connect app available anywhere or anytime soon.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted : 27/01/2022 9:13 am
Bad Mister

I recently purchased a 2021
M1 16" MacBook Pro.
It's operating system is macOS 12.1 "Monterey",
& It only works with LogicPro 10.7 as well.

Naturally.

Looking on usa.yamaha.com for an available Yamaha Steinburg USB driver, I can see that this one is not available yet.

That is correct. When the testing and updating for the AU functions (which have changed apparently) hopefully, an updated Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver or a new version of the AU MONTAGE/MODX CONNECT plugins will appear but until that time, we can only ask that you simply be patient.

This is not the first time Apple has 'broken' things for plugins. Hopefully, the wait will not be too long... Apparently, the VST3 plugins work in all the new Macs, as far as I know it is the AU (audio unit) plugins that seem to be the issue. At any rate - when the resolution happens you will hear about it here.

As to whether the fix will require you patch in Rosetta 2.x or some other fix for Apple, we will all have to wait and see.

In the meantime use your other computer - (while the world jumps through yet another hoop to make the Macs run properly).

Posted : 27/01/2022 12:00 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for the response Bad Mister.
It has now become available (as of 02-07-2022) & it does require the use of Rosetta 2. 😀
"Yamaha Steinburg USB driver V3.1.1"

Just to double check with you,
The Montage/Modx Connect V1.1.0 is for Big Sur & Catalina only?
This is Not compatible for Monterey?

Montage/Modx Connect for macOS 12 is still unavailable & being worked on?

No big rush &
Thanks for the Yamaha Steinburg USB driver.;)

Posted : 10/02/2022 7:10 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

FYI - the v3.1.1 driver has been available since Nov 2021. I've been running it for some time.

To get an early jump on drivers you can go directly to the Steinberg site where more recent versions may appear -- although one should be careful as the drivers on the Montage/MODX pages have been "cleared". Also, often the more recent versions have changes targeted to products other than synthesizers.

Posted : 10/02/2022 3:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us