Synth Forum

midi foot controlle...

Notifications
Clear all

midi foot controller to switch voicing on psr-e423.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
I am new to midi and am learning a lot as I am going. I would like to trigger voice changes in a yamaha psr-e423 via a behringer fcb1010. This foot board is pretty highly configurable. I've been playing around for the last hour or so trying to figure out the rhyme and reason behind what happens when the voice button is pushed and I spin the selector wheel. And I can't. Some voice changes seem to be just program changes with LSB/MSB info. Some contain all kind of data being transferred. Is there any kind of map that would make it easy for me to program the midi pedal board to take straight to a particular voice? I appreciate the help.

Thanks
Dennis

Posted : 19/05/2016 2:53 am
Bad Mister

Seems your question is best directed at Behringer the makers of that foot controller.

The Yamaha keyboard (not a synthesizer, so far off topic here) follows standard Bank Select (MSB/LSB) and Program Change protocol. You can download a free copy of the PSR-E423 DATA LIST booklet which will contain all of the MSB/LSB and Program Change numbers for the instrument.

http://download.yamaha.com

Posted : 23/05/2016 7:24 pm
Topic starter

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. Apologies for the incorrect assignment of the question.

Posted : 23/05/2016 9:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us