Notifications
Clear all

Getting Ravenscroft 275 (a VST) set up using my laptop and CP

30 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 paul
Topic starter

I linked the CP's USB port to the laptop USB port. Next what do I have to do to set up or activate on the CP? Or is it ready to go?

Posted : 26/05/2022 12:52 am
Member Admin

Might just work.

Easiest way to have a chance:

Unplug all USB stuff. Restart Laptop.

When it's fully started (stops blinking oddly and desktop settles down), connect CP and Laptop USB (make sure CP is already fully turned on before connecting USB).

Let the laptop have a few seconds to recognise (or otherwise) what's been plugged into it. You might have to correctly deal with some messages from your Operating System "Found this..." etc...

Now start your DAW.

Most DAW start by doing a port scan to see what's connected, so if they're going to find the CP, this is the best way to give it a chance of doing that.

If this flow doesn't work... as Bill said, more info needed to help.

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:50 am
 paul
Topic starter

While I apply Andrew's advise... there's no DAW, as such. Ravenscroft has a built in third-party interface they call a UVI. Be right back... btw I've got a line out from the kb to an amp. I'm not relying on the laptop for sound.

One more thing, I opened Ravenscroft for the first time, today. So not knowing how to use it, yet, I figured I should get the rest of the system set up correctly or I'm gonna have lots of moving targets.

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:27 am
 paul
Topic starter

Ok everything's re-booted, re-plugged in, turned on. Software open.

Is there a way to test the hardware setup before I learn Ravenscroft?

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:40 am
Member Admin

Ravenscroft means nothing to me, as software.

VST is the cue I used to write my screed.

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:58 am
 paul
Topic starter

I suppose its just another pluggin. But it seems I've done all the right things, so far. And as just another pluggin, you can't believe there's actually a manual to use it. There isn't. Maybe someone in the APPS group can help. That's next. -Best

Ooops... not the APPS group.

Posted : 26/05/2022 4:00 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I imagine this is being used in standalone mode.

https://youtu.be/uMMKCX87Srw?t=615

Link is not for setup help, btw.

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:01 pm
 paul
Topic starter

Jason, that link explains everything about Ravenscroft EXCEPT how to operate it.

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:46 pm
 paul
Topic starter

I asked my question the wrong way. As I look back at it. Sorry.

Posted : 26/05/2022 2:48 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=116961]Ravenscroft has a built in third-party interface they call a UVI. Be right back...
[/quotePost]
It works inside UVI Workstation ( https://www.uvi.net/uvi-workstation.html ) and the manual is here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/UVI+Workstation/uviworkstation_user_guide_en.pdf

Go to page 15 of the manual (Audio and MIDI Settings (Stand Alone mode only) ) where it shows how to select your audio and MIDI interface.

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:02 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I advertised the limitation of the link up-front. My purpose was to answer the implicit question posed by the other members about the DAW used and how your answer to that is correct.

Posted : 26/05/2022 3:19 pm
 paul
Topic starter

Jason, thanx. Dragos, thanx for the manual. I've known about the UVI but always thought it would be in the background, helping Ravencroft work - not being used directly. Dumb thought. Bill, Ravencroft works identically....all its features.. on a myriad of hardware platforms. To me it was about how to use the software. And without other considerations as it works alone.

Posted : 26/05/2022 4:45 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=116984]I've known about the UVI but always thought it would be in the background, helping Ravencroft work - not being used directly.[/quotePost]
It is, but you still have to set up your connections no matter what platform (Kontakt, UVI, HALion, Spitfire etc) you use.

Posted : 26/05/2022 6:19 pm
 paul
Topic starter

Well, here goes nuthin. Don't know how many, if any of you want to hang in with me... but.. I'm in the UVI manual, page 15.

1) API: The Steinberg ASIO driver is shown on my laptop but not recognized in the UVI... it's allowing the Realtek ASIO driver, only.

2) OUTPUT: doesn't show this item at all

3) ACTIVE OUTPUT CHANNELS: does not show this item at all

4) ACTIVE MIDI INPUTS: shows this item but there's nothing to pick from

Posted : 26/05/2022 9:31 pm
 paul
Topic starter

Bill, NOW it's time for details LOL...

E7450 Lattitude Dell laptop runs win10

The board is Yamaha CP73

Ravenscroft 275

I'm running a cable out of usb port on kb, into usb port on laptop

(Eventually I'll run a cable from either the headphone jack on laptop to the amp; or LTR output on kb to amp. TBD - waiting for Yamaha to answer)

Posted : 26/05/2022 9:44 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us