Notifications
Clear all

Can I Use my YDS150 with a VL70m?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
Topic starter

I play a WX5 and just bought a YDS150. I want to use it with my VL70m (Turbo Chip). Tried using a micro USB to MIDI (DIN) adapter to the back of the VL and no luck? I'm not even getting a MIDI signal. Is an adapter enough, or do I need a MIDI signal converter?
Mike-

Posted : 09/01/2022 7:19 pm
Bad Mister

As far as I know, you need to connect the YDS150 to a computer “host” running the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver
The USB connector can be connected to a USB power adapter or battery as a power source, or to a computer host using the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.

Official Yamaha YDS150 Info Page

Please reach out to Yamaha Customer Support for “Brass & Woodwinds” (the YDS150 is a product in that wing of the company) they will be able to give more information and recommendations on connecting it to external MIDI gear

Posted : 10/01/2022 1:34 am
 Mike
Topic starter

Thanks for the info! I see that the YDS can also transmit MIDI via Bluetooth. Could I simplify things and use something like a CME WIDI wireless MIDI adapter to connect to my VL70m?

Posted : 11/01/2022 12:30 am
Bad Mister

I don’t really know, but I don’t think that’s how it works…

Please contact the Brass & Woodwinds department of your regional Yamaha office. As I understand Bluetooth, you can send music from a playback device to the YDS150 — this allows you to play along with recorded backing tracks. The music arrives from your smart device, and mixes with the sound of the YDS150 — so you can play along in headphones without disturbing anyone.

But please contact Yamaha Brass & Woodwinds for details
Link __ YDS150 Information and Videos

Posted : 11/01/2022 9:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us