Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Broken and rare Yamaha DSR-2000 synthesizer

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Well my beloved and even pretty rare Yamaha DSR-2000 synthesizer broke down last week. I've already found the problem and sort of fixed it. It was a bad 27C128 EPROM at IC45 labeled ROM. My problem now is getting the program for the EPROM. I already own an EPROM programer and even an new EPROM. My only thing is the file. So if anybody owns or knows somebody who owns one and can somehow get the file for the ROM please let me know about it.

Posted : 05/11/2021 10:11 pm
New Member Guest

​Really I appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here I found was really effective to the topic which I was researching for a long time.
poppy playtime

Posted : 11/01/2022 9:34 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Reverb has a DSR-2000 for under 200 shipped from France. It may be good to have for spares and you may want to red the SEEPROMs/ROMS/EEPROMs that you can to save off for later. There's also a site which does not have the DSR images but collects ROM images like this you may want to contribute to as a way to both backup your images and also to provide others with the data.

Posted : 11/01/2022 5:18 pm
 Matt

Hi Lennart, what part of the country are you in?

I have a DSR-2000 that I need to open up to fix one of the keys, but I don't have an EPROM reader (yet). Let me know what I would have to do, and I might be able to help.

Posted : 12/01/2022 10:46 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us