Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone have a PLG100-SG Formant Singing Card?

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm curious, does anyone have a PLG100-SG plugin card? I just put one on order, I'll have it in a few weeks since it ships from Japan. I've been working on translating the manuals into English, in particular all of the menus. Just about got that done, but I need to test it all out once the card gets here. Is there any interest in my English version of the manuals once I get them fully translated?

Posted : 27/12/2016 7:19 am
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well, I posted the manuals on my web site. If anyone is interested, you can download them.
PLG100-SG Manuals in English

Posted : 29/12/2016 10:39 pm
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Does anyone have the demo midi songs for this card? They are named:
kitasaka.mid, tokinona.mid, koregawa.mid, fmtnight.mid, haruyoko.mid, and EVA_SG.mid
Let me know and I'll put them up on my website with the manuals.
thor276@cableone.net

Posted : 11/01/2017 5:32 am
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK, I've got the EVA-SG.mid file now, thanks Johan! Now all we need are the other 5 files that came on a disk with the SG card.

Posted : 11/01/2017 11:01 pm
Thor
 Thor
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I just uploaded an update to the English manuals for the PLG100-SG card to my website. I corrected all of the Google Translate errors and added in lots of notes from my testing. I also added a couple of SG MIDI demo files into the package. Maybe someone will find these useful in the future. This thread hasn't really caught much attention and virtually no comments. Ah well, the card must be really rare outside Japan.

I've successfully programmed seven new voice patches for the card based on the voices of Mel Torme, Harry Connick Jr, Nat King Cole, and Christina Aguilera. Soon, I'll do a nice demo Midi file and put it up on YouTube. There is so little information on the card on the web, every little bit I can add will count to the right person.

You can download the package off my website if you wish. www.JavelinArt.com

Posted : 24/01/2017 6:06 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us