With "rumors" going around that Yamaha might be releasing the replacement for the MOXF in the next upcoming months...
While the MOXF is a very good looking instrument - the build quality leaves something to be desired.
What would you like to see in the replacement/new version of the MOXF?
Here is my list
1. Better build quality - use better quality hard plastics (even metal would be nice).
2. A "real" power supply and power cord (instead of the "toy" one that comes with it now).
3. Better keys; and better buttons - so they don't feel cheap.
4. Larger display
5. Use real red sweeper lights around the control knobs (and not just red paint to make it "look" like lights) and get rid of the red color plastic sides.
6. Include on-board extra memory - instead of requiring an additional flash card.
7. Include the new Yamaha CFX or Bösendorfer piano voices.
If Kawai can make a high quality built keyboard for around the same price (Kawai MP7) - Yamaha can surely do the same.