YamahaSynth.com Forums

This is the place to talk about all things related to Yamaha Synthesizers!
  1. Eyal
  2. Vanity Monster Sherlock Holmes The Voice
  3. MONTAGE
  4. Sunday, 28 January 2018
this forum shows lately mostly negativity towards Yamaha with the MONTAGE, where I find it to be mostly positive. this is the purpose of my post.
this is purely my own opinion.

I'm not affiliated with Yamaha in any way, and I'm not a fanboy either (I have keyboards from Korg, Nord and Roland as well).

1. the MONTAGE is one of the most powerful machines ever made. its the SOUND that counts. if you take ANY sound category (maybe except for Rhodes electric pianos, because the FM e. pianos are the best ever heard, and hammond organs which are sort of esoteric) the MONTAGE trumps let's say the Kronos, in any way, sound wise.
It has thousands of useful sounds. The Motif import (which is now complete) is just the icing on the cake.
Think about it - what other synth in the market allows such backwards compatibility PLUS a world of new sounds? nothing. can the Kronos import Triton? no. could the Roland Fantom G import Fantom? no. can the MONTAGE import Motif? yes! now EVEN performances. wonderful.

2. I saw people saying stuff like "shit update. I expected a new engine" or "why all other manufacturers push analog while Yamaha are pushing FM" and also "Yamaha AWM2 is over 20 years old.. improve your tech already!"

AWM2 as a name is just semantics. the AWM2 engine is nowhere near what was offered on the SY series for example.
for that purpose, Yamaha could've just named it AWM-X and than it will be fine, no?
this engine is so powerful - you could do anything with it, just like a virtual analog synth. except that your oscillators are samples! 8 parts in a performance, each part has 8 elements, each elements has its own LFOs and envelopes.
an analog "engine" would've been a nice to have, but nothing more, it wouldn't improve much on the MONTAGE.
why FM-X and no analog? Yamaha stood firm behind FM technology for many years. FM-X is NOT FS1R! its much better. to synthesize FM sounds on the MONTAGE is pure bliss. MONTAGE has tons of great FM performances which can't be heard anywhere else.

let's take the Korg Kronos for example. does it have an editor? did Korg make an editor for it? No.
you have the free PCG tools which hardly count as a Kronos editor.

fortunately for us, we have John Melas tools with a librarian just on the way.

3. "8 libraries are not enough" "only 2gb memory"

8 library areas are VAST. we never had the ability to load this amount of data -

more than 2000 PRESET performances, 640 USER performances, and 8 x 640 library performances? this is almost 8000 performances in the box!

now except the Kronos, which uses SSD, which other synth support more than 1GB of non volatile memory? the Nord Stage 3, which was just released - has now 2GB of non volatile ram.

Roland never had more than 2GB on board.

This kind of non-volatile memory is pretty expansive to manufacture.

The Kronos takes 2 minutes to load, 3 minutes if you load it with more heavy sounds.

I don't need terabytes of sampled data like NI Kontakt to have good sounds. I'd take MONTAGE sounds or even Motif sounds any day for playability over Kontakt libraries.

It's the SOUND DESIGN that matters. and with Yamaha we have the best sound design. the Kronos, unless you buy many expansive libraries, doesn't even come with a decent Clavinet sound.

4. "its not a workstation"

I think that the amount of people who sequence onboard (on a Motif, or on whatever) are just too small a percentage.
even back in the older Motif days, or the Triton days, I, and many studio owners never sequenced on board.
the MONTAGE is meant to be a players instrument and not a studio production machine. and I thank Yamaha for not bloating the machine with those features.
I understand you may not like it, if there was a workstation feature in the MONTAGE I wouldn't mind. but I rather Yamaha put their R&D elsewhere.

so,
luckily, most of the users are not forum users. Yamaha should listen to users but should always separate the wheat from the chaff as there's too much noise and people complain about many irrelevant things.

the perfect synth will never be for anyone.

I thank Yamaha for manufacturing a quality unit like the MONTAGE and not giving me another bloated (in my opinion) "workstation" with features I never used and never will use.

Thanks for a great update!

and let me tell you this, if the future, a MONTAGE successor will happen and it won't fully backwards support the sounds I have today on the MONTAGE, I'll never sell it. it's wonderful.

Thanks for reading, and lets hear you ranting all over again in the comments. :)
Responses (29)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I never play any factory Performances on my Montage. I never use any of the onboard Waveforms.

In fact, I'd happily erase all inbuilt Waveforms and Performances and still declare that I love the Montage!

I've loaded it with my own Waveforms and Performances.

There's nothing else that sounds like this. It is astronomically good! :-)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Joe wrote:

I never play any factory Performances on my Montage. I never use any of the onboard Waveforms.

In fact, I'd happily erase all inbuilt Waveforms and Performances and still declare that I love the Montage!

I've loaded it with my own Waveforms and Performances.

There's nothing else that sounds like this. It is astronomically good! :-)


Seriously? I also enjoy programming very much and I think the same, but regarding the factory performances - they're wonderful! especially all the keys, basses, fm brass, guitars (!) but sure, it all depends on need.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
No whining here... But I would choose the words Constructive Criticism which means...."Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one." So for me and many others including a famous name in a recent video who was very gracious and complementary towards montage but noted where a garden wall has been built around midi...so Montage 2.0 still did not address the current Midi situation that many have called for.... having another option for setting midi channels for the parts as well as the current modes this would of been much appreciated by me and those who have montage and those who may be holding back from joining the Montage club....and I am still enjoying this very exciting keyboard .
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Simon wrote:

No whining here... But I would choose the words Constructive Criticism which means...."Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one." So for me and many others including a famous name in a recent video who was very gracious and complementary towards montage but noted where a garden wall has been built around midi...so Montage 2.0 still did not address the current Midi situation that many have called for.... having another option for setting midi channels for the parts as well as the current modes this would of been much appreciated by me and those who have montage and those who may be holding back from joining the Montage club....and I am still enjoying this very exciting keyboard .


I fully agree about midi implementation. its difficult to have it as a centerpiece of a studio in some cases. Motif and some Roland keyboards were always great in these aspects.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 4
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Eyal wrote:
Seriously? I also enjoy programming very much and I think the same, but regarding the factory performances - they're wonderful! especially all the keys, basses, fm brass, guitars (!) but sure, it all depends on need.


I have always liked synthesis and sound design too much to get distracted by the age old tradition of synthesisers mimicking real life acoustic instruments. I'd use all that Preset memory space for more of my own Waveform material if I could.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 5
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
There is nothing what makes me more upset than fanboys with a black and white mentality, playing the forum police and teaching other people what they may or may not say about a product.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 6
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Sladjan wrote:

There is nothing what makes me more upset than fanboys with a black and white mentality, playing the forum police and teaching other people what they may or may not say about a product.


Thanks for your comment! I appreciate the input. I'm not the forum police, not at all. just trying to contradict all the negativity in the other posts. I also made it very clear that I'm no fanboy either. but I'm 90% extremely happy with the product.
sorry to make you upset, you don't have to comment or read this or any of my posts any further. ;)
All the best to you!
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 7
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
You are free to say why you are happy with the Montage and what you like about it. But stop this extremely annoying comparisons with the Kronos. It is childish and your facts regarding sample memory on other keyboards are simply wrong. You point out your personal positive views of the Montage, for the negative ones you say that you don't need them so the problem is not existing in your head and your world, and than you bash the Kronos for some weird reason. Stop this, don't behave like a troll.
Respect that different people have different wishes and work differently with the keyboard than you. It doesn't need a lot to act like an adult and show more respect to other people. I don't need your false facts about a Kronos or your wrong informations about the sample memory on other keyboards. This is the Montage forum. Let's talk about the Montage and not the Kronos.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 8
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Sladjan wrote:

You are free to say why you are happy with the Montage and what you like about it. But stop this extremely annoying comparisons with the Kronos. It is childish and your facts regarding sample memory on other keyboards are simply wrong. You point out your personal positive views of the Montage, for the negative ones you say that you don't need them so the problem is not existing in your head and your world, and than you bash the Kronos for some weird reason. Stop this, don't behave like a troll.
Respect that different people have different wishes and work differently with the keyboard than you. It doesn't need a lot to act like an adult and show more respect to other people. I don't need your false facts about a Kronos or your wrong informations about the sample memory on other keyboards. This is the Montage forum. Let's talk about the Montage and not the Kronos.


again, the comparison with the Kronos is actually to contradict what was said in other posts regarding Kronos vs. Montage - I didn't see you bash the posters there. you know what, I don't care really. this was my idea for comparison, because I had a Kronos. currently I'm content with a Korg Triton rack with MOSS board.

(btw, my sample memory comments are not only correct, they're ACCURATE. in Q4/2017, this marked the first time Nord offered the new Stage 3 with 2GB of non volatile memory which include the preset AND user waveforms combined. (with additional 480MB for samples). but I'm not here to argue with you).

you're free to ignore my posts - my view will not change as childish as you may see them.
the Roland or Korg forums are full with comparisons to other synths, as is the Nord forum. I don't see a problem comparing to the competition here. but you have the choice, not to read it. read what you want which makes you feel good.

now, you can respect my post and my opinion for what it is. just as I didn't go all out as you do and bash the other threads ie the "Yamaha will never implement this" one.

Good luck, and I appreciate your contribution to this thread if it will be positive or negative, but leave your comments about me or my personality aside - whether or not you think I'm a troll or a child. be respectful. Thanks.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 9
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Eyal
I really appreciate and share with you your enthusiasm. On the other hand I'd say also that Montage Performance compatibility with the previous models, should have been implemented at first, not after two years. This important feature was too evident to be still lacking for an outstanding musical instrument such as Montage.
As a final users we have a powerful weapon at our side: avoid buying not completely developed instruments.
Maybe this time Yamaha has took into consideration that a synthesizer player can't start everytime from scratch when a new model hits the market. I still remember when I bought Regenerator for the S90ES and only PLG Voices were compatible with my instrument, while if I had a Motif ES with PLG I could have loaded Performances too.
When I bought Motif XF in 2012 I began developing several user Performances, thus when recently moved to the Montage it was quite obvious I would have never wanted to waste tons of intense labour (that's why I'm still keeping my old faithful XF7).
About FlashRAM, in my opinion it wasn't enough neither in Motif XF nor in the Montage. Let's hope SampleRobot and John Melas Montage Tools will help creating memory-wise user waveforms to take advantage of this new technology.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 10
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Eyal wrote:
again, the comparison with the Kronos is actually to contradict what was said in other posts regarding Kronos vs. Montage - I didn't see you bash the posters there


There is no active Kronos vs. Montage topic here. Besides that, I have absolutely nothing against a comparison. Different people have different needs and for some the Kronos fits better, for others the Montage. But your posts are terribly biased. Ok, the Kronos needs 2-3 minutes to boot up. On the other side, the Montage has a primitive seamless switching where you are limited to 8 parts. The Kronos has seamless switching with all 16 parts. You are free to use any midi channel on any timbre instead of the midi mess which Yamaha did on the Montage. That alone is an absolute no go for quite a lot of potential customers.

Eyal wrote:(btw, my sample memory comments are not only correct, they're ACCURATE. in Q4/2017, this marked the first time Nord offered the new Stage 3 with 2GB of non volatile memory which include the preset AND user waveforms combined. (with additional 480MB for samples). but I'm not here to argue with you).


First and foremost: Nord uses a compressed sample format. Do you know what it means? The ratio is about 3:1. The 2Gb on Nord equals to some 5-6 Gb on a Montage. So much about your accuracy. Then, you compared Rolands sample size. The last workstation from Roland, the Fantom G had 544 Mb. That was ten years ago. It's silly to compare a ten years old keyboard to the Montage. On top of all that, you forgot Kurzweil. The Kurzweil Forte has 3.2 Gb of user sample ram. The Kronos has much more because it uses disc streaming.
But all that is completely unimportant. The problem is that some Motif XF users wont upgrade to the Montage because their sample material which they have on the XF desn't fit into the Montage. This is the first time that a successor has less memory than the previous model.

Eyal wrote:you're free to ignore my posts - my view will not change as childish as you may see them.
the Roland or Korg forums are full with comparisons to other synths, as is the Nord forum.


This is not a serious product comparison here at all and absolutely not comparable to comparison topics on other forums! This is your topic: TO EVERYONE WHO'S WHINING ABOUT OS UPDATE 2.0 FOR MONTAGE. You are attacking people who in your opinion whine about the Montage.

Once again: show respect to other people and their wishes. They are not whining and it is their right to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction. They certainly don't need you and your topic directed to "all who are whining about..."
Why is it so difficult to you to understand that different people use a keyboard in different ways and that they need some functions you never knew that they exist? Do you really think that anybody uses his keyboard in the exact same way as you? Geez, grow up.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 11
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Sladjan wrote:

Eyal wrote:
again, the comparison with the Kronos is actually to contradict what was said in other posts regarding Kronos vs. Montage - I didn't see you bash the posters there


There is no active Kronos vs. Montage topic here. Besides that, I have absolutely nothing against a comparison. Different people have different needs and for some the Kronos fits better, for others the Montage. But your posts are terribly biased. Ok, the Kronos needs 2-3 minutes to boot up. On the other side, the Montage has a primitive seamless switching where you are limited to 8 parts. The Kronos has seamless switching with all 16 parts. You are free to use any midi channel on any timbre instead of the midi mess which Yamaha did on the Montage. That alone is an absolute no go for quite a lot of potential customers.

Eyal wrote:(btw, my sample memory comments are not only correct, they're ACCURATE. in Q4/2017, this marked the first time Nord offered the new Stage 3 with 2GB of non volatile memory which include the preset AND user waveforms combined. (with additional 480MB for samples). but I'm not here to argue with you).


First and foremost: Nord uses a compressed sample format. Do you know what it means? The ratio is about 3:1. The 2Gb on Nord equals to some 5-6 Gb on a Montage. So much about your accuracy. Then, you compared Rolands sample size. The last workstation from Roland, the Fantom G had 544 Mb. That was ten years ago. It's silly to compare a ten years old keyboard to the Montage. On top of all that, you forgot Kurzweil. The Kurzweil Forte has 3.2 Gb of user sample ram. The Kronos has much more because it uses disc streaming.
But all that is completely unimportant. The problem is that some Motif XF users wont upgrade to the Montage because their sample material which they have on the XF desn't fit into the Montage. This is the first time that a successor has less memory than the previous model.

Eyal wrote:you're free to ignore my posts - my view will not change as childish as you may see them.
the Roland or Korg forums are full with comparisons to other synths, as is the Nord forum.


This is not a serious product comparison here at all and absolutely not comparable to comparison topics on other forums! This is your topic: TO EVERYONE WHO'S WHINING ABOUT OS UPDATE 2.0 FOR MONTAGE. You are attacking people who in your opinion whine about the Montage.

Once again: show respect to other people and their wishes. They are not whining and it is their right to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction. They certainly don't need you and your topic directed to "all who are whining about..."
Why is it so difficult to you to understand that different people use a keyboard in different ways and that they need some functions you never knew that they exist? Do you really think that anybody uses his keyboard in the exact same way as you? Geez, grow up.


You're clearly very emotional. drink some cold water... :)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 12
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
It really makes me laugh reading these type of post at the stupidity of people who spend thousands of pounds on something and then complain that it doesn't do what they want. Why not have the common sense (maybe that's what you have missing) to fully research the various synths on the market and if you decide to buy one then live with it, not run it down and say that another brand does things better. Would you go out and spend £20k on a petrol engine car and then whinge on a forum that you can't charge it from the mains because it doesn't run on batteries like another manufacturers electric car, unlikely but then again maybe some of you would :) .
You have bought what it is so why not enjoy what it can do and not moan about what it can't.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 13
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
First let me say
What an Ego!!! Who R U to tell us? You are Happy? Then stay out of it. Other wise. You are just a Troll!
Second. The Kronos. Still way outsells the Montage. For 2 main Factual reasons.
MIDI And Karma.
And If we had proper Standard MIDI. Then we could have Karma. Like is offered for the Motif.
Ignoring a Industry standard. Was a Total mistake. For Montage.
And Then the Montage. Would Outsell the Kronos. (Fans in a keyboard! WTF.).
Then we get to a problem that. Only exists in the Montage. And Has been complained about. Since The Montage was released.
And. That Is the Scene Change. Not holding Notes until next key press. (Every keyboard I know of. does this correctly.)
We Have very valid Complaints. There should Have been a disclaimer. About the Midi Being Non-Standard.
(I am in fact. Thinking of Taking action Just on this one Item. There is already case History About MIDI. Being Non standard in My state.)
You are 90% happy. I am Maybe 50%-60% happy. These shortcomings. Affect me. And had I known. I Never would have bought one.
Even though. I think. On the surface. It is One of the best Keyboards ever made.(But that's the Problem. On The Surface.).
And Yes 2.0 was a Major update. But Should have been there in the first place.
The Montage. Was Rushed to market. And put this Tech in a Motif Xx. And nobody would have Bought a Montage.
Why would you. Just for the SN? Nope. So that is why it was Rushed to market.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 14
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Tom wrote:

First let me say
What an Ego!!! Who R U to tell us? You are Happy? Then stay out of it. Other wise. You are just a Troll!
Second. The Kronos. Still way outsells the Montage. For 2 main Factual reasons.
MIDI And Karma.
And If we had proper Standard MIDI. Then we could have Karma. Like is offered for the Motif.
Ignoring a Industry standard. Was a Total mistake. For Montage.
And Then the Montage. Would Outsell the Kronos. (Fans in a keyboard! WTF.).
Then we get to a problem that. Only exists in the Montage. And Has been complained about. Since The Montage was released.
And. That Is the Scene Change. Not holding Notes until next key press. (Every keyboard I know of. does this correctly.)
We Have very valid Complaints. There should Have been a disclaimer. About the Midi Being Non-Standard.
(I am in fact. Thinking of Taking action Just on this one Item. There is already case History About MIDI. Being Non standard in My state.)
You are 90% happy. I am Maybe 50%-60% happy. These shortcomings. Affect me. And had I known. I Never would have bought one.
Even though. I think. On the surface. It is One of the best Keyboards ever made.(But that's the Problem. On The Surface.).
And Yes 2.0 was a Major update. But Should have been there in the first place.
The Montage. Was Rushed to market. And put this Tech in a Motif Xx. And nobody would have Bought a Montage.
Why would you. Just for the SN? Nope. So that is why it was Rushed to market.


Thank you for your comment. every opinion counts ofcourse. I tried to read between the dots and caps - I think I understood most of it. Hopefully you're not too grumpy next to your MONTAGE, don't hit it too hard ;)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 15
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Chris wrote:

It really makes me laugh reading these type of post at the stupidity of people who spend thousands of pounds on something and then complain that it doesn't do what they want. Why not have the common sense (maybe that's what you have missing) to fully research the various synths on the market and if you decide to buy one then live with it, not run it down and say that another brand does things better. Would you go out and spend £20k on a petrol engine car and then whinge on a forum that you can't charge it from the mains because it doesn't run on batteries like another manufacturers electric car, unlikely but then again maybe some of you would :) .
You have bought what it is so why not enjoy what it can do and not moan about what it can't.


My thoughts exactly. Thanks.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 16
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
double post
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 17
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Chris wrote:

It really makes me laugh reading these type of post at the stupidity of people who spend thousands of pounds on something and then complain that it doesn't do what they want. Why not have the common sense (maybe that's what you have missing) to fully research the various synths on the market and if you decide to buy one then live with it, not run it down and say that another brand does things better. Would you go out and spend £20k on a petrol engine car and then whinge on a forum that you can't charge it from the mains because it doesn't run on batteries like another manufacturers electric car, unlikely but then again maybe some of you would :) .
You have bought what it is so why not enjoy what it can do and not moan about what it can't.
But Chris you can not by way of a firmware update change a petrol car into a petrol electric car...... so there are still opportunities for improvements which historically we have seen and I'm not sure your condersending tone is constructive in any way even if there are few feathers flying around (I feel sure it will cool in time) so I still stand by my request with many who sit from a positive and generally happy Montage position...BUT a 3rd option with in the midi mode as I have approached previously in this thread as other have before me seems like good old common sense to me considering the inside of a complex keyboard rig, Having this 3rd option perhaps (Multi+ mode) would be most helpful for so many...remember this would be a 3rd options to complement the other two midi modes, not a fixed position when understanding the argument why Yamaha may feel this could restrict the ethos that montage is.... importantly having that useful flexibility as described earlier is still very much needed for many even if this means robbing Peter to pay Paul to do so... a 3rd "Multi+" mode would be most helpful indeed.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 18
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Except. You can not research the Montage Fully before You buy it(now You can.) But a lot of these subjects.
Were not available to a new prospective buyer. Because The search function on this forum Is Absurd!
But now the defects. are on other Forums.
And Try to test out the Midi in a store!. They will avoid letting You. Too much work for them. They never have a Midi cable around.
And in My State. Ohio. If it has In/out/thru. That is factual cause. To Assume Standard midi.(Unless there is a MIDI Disclaimer.).
5 cases have been won against 1 company here. Just for that reason. No Disclaimer!
And Eyal
You seem to be out here 24/7 at the moment. U Have nothing better to do I guess than cause a stir.
Only a true Jerk is A Grammar police person.
And Yes I do get angry at Trolls. All I can call you.
Because. U Have no horse in this race. So you have no business. Starting this post.
Just board and have no creativity.
And No one can win a argument. With a stupid Person. They just have Too much practice at it.
so I am done.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 19
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Tom wrote:

Except. You can not research the Montage Fully before You buy it(now You can.) But a lot of these subjects.
Were not available to a new prospective buyer. Because The search function on this forum Is Absurd!
But now the defects. are on other Forums.
And Try to test out the Midi in a store!. They will avoid letting You. Too much work for them. They never have a Midi cable around.
And in My State. Ohio. If it has In/out/thru. That is factual cause. To Assume Standard midi.(Unless there is a MIDI Disclaimer.).
5 cases have been won against 1 company here. Just for that reason. No Disclaimer!
And Eyal
You seem to be out here 24/7 at the moment. U Have nothing better to do I guess than cause a stir.
Only a true Jerk is A Grammar police person.
And Yes I do get angry at Trolls. All I can call you.
Because. U Have no horse in this race. So you have no business. Starting this post.
Just board and have no creativity.


sure, I have no creativity. I'm a lame ass bastard troll with no life, no work, no wife, no kids. only MONTAGE and this forum. if that makes you feel better :) anyhow I'm long days at work and have many forums open. that's what.
guess its hard for you to know that Yamaha will also see some posts from users who are content with the unit.

regarding MIDI issues you mention- I didn't speak about it in my post.

what I do think, is that chances are slim to non, to make the MONTAGE a workstation or have a "new engine" inside it. (although I wouldn't mind having features which I don't use). so people get it extremely hard having the truth in the face.

but if Yamaha would've asked me, what I rather have, workstation features or 100% XF import - I'd take the latter.

and I think Yamaha deserves some positivity and from many posts lately in this forum it sounds like the MONTAGE is mostly wrong, where I think its mostly right.
love that MONTAGE. call me a fanboy or whatever, I feel like posting this here. and this is perfectly the right place to do so (I don't care if it drives you crazy).

come on, sell the thing already. get a Kronos and use midi and Karma, as you wrote above. ;)
All the best to you. Thanks for commenting.


btw - just so you know, Yamaha implemented in OS 2.0 the most asked for feature for the Montage in the past two years in this forum after "workstation".
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MONTAGE
  3. # 20
  • Page :
  • 1
  • 2


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2018 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.