Okay, I'm going to give this a shot but from scanning this forum and seeing how many old and seemingly unresolved issues there are, I'm not very optimistic about receiving any real help. First let me say that I'm on a Windows 10 machine, I have the latest Chrome browser installed, I am logged into Soundmondo, and my DX is connected via USB. These seem to be the standard canned ideas from Yamaha support.
My DX connects to the Soundmondo website but it will not sync. I am getting a green connected button in the top menu area, but the sync button is dimmed out. When I hover my cursor over the dimmed out sync button I am getting the "NO" icon (please see attachment). This is what I have done:
1. Reset DX to factory settings
2. Tried 3 different quality usb cables
3. Made sure Chrome was the latest version
4. Made sure that Chrome is configured for midi properly
5. Tried a different browser entirely (Opera. It does the same thing as Chrome)
6. Checked my firewall settings and virus software settings
7. Read every single post on this forum for a solid solution (there isn't one)
Its really a shame that this problem has been reoccurring for so many years and a company the size of Yamaha can't seem to figure it out and get it fixed once and for all for their loyal followers--like me. This level of poor performance and customer neglect certainly wouldn't be tolerated where I work.
So I guess I'll just turn off my DX and see what happens.