I need some assistance with recording the motif XF arps onto cubase 7.
This is what I am currently doing:
1. I have my XF connected to my PC via firewire
2. I have the Motif Editor Vst configured within cubase
3. I have each of the firewire channels configured as separate send and return buses in cubase
4. I record performance mode into a song on the XF
5. Save the song and then take a backup onto a flash drive
6. Import the song into Cubase from the flash drive which gives me the midi tracks
7. Import the song into the Motif Editor VST editor to get the correct voices and settings for each of the track
8. Send the midi tracks back to the Motif and record the audio tracks which are returned via firewire.
I have no issues recording the songs I have created in this way from the XF into Cubase. What I now want to do is record additional arps from XF into the same project in Cubase. At present I have to follow the entire process above again to obtain the additional arps, but I am looking for a faster way to do this. I do not need the midi files, only the audio file from the arps.
So what I want to do is this:
1. Follow the process above to obtain the 4 track audio files from a recorded performance.
2. Select a new arp on the XF
3. Press a key to start the arp on the XF. The start of the arp should automatically trigger recording on Cubase so that the new recording is automatically aligned to the grid / bars.
Is it possible to do this?