March 25, 2020.
I am trying to connect my Motif ES rack to Cubase AI7 using USB/Windows 10 (64 bit). I am getting the exact same error "device could not be opened" when I select “Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO” in the VST audio of Cubase. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Tried three different USB cables on both the ports on my PC
2. Tried loading each of the Steinberg drivers from version 173, 183, and 203.
3. Tried loading a Yamaha USB driver um314x64
3. Tried changing the MIDI in/out on the ES rack to USB
restarted between each change.
4. In the device manager, the ES rack is displayed with a warning flag when using the Steinberg driver. With the Yamaha driver it is displayed and says the driver is installed and up to date.
I had Cubase running on a Behringer XR18 rack with no issues, is it possible that I just have not found the correct driver for the older Motif ES rack?
Thanks in Advance....Tony
[attachment]could not open.png[/attachment]