Issue (the symptom): I have many user Performances for tunes that I play (live) regularly so I am familiar with the sounds. Due to recent world events, I haven't played live recently - so my Montage has had an extended period of being plugged into the studio (not USB connected to a computer). A few days ago, I noticed an error (or warning) message on the top line of the screen. This is one hole in the reporting - I didn't write down verbatim what the message is. It said something to the effect that I should turn off Montage in order to restore memory. It sounded counter-intuitive - but that's what I did. Now many, many (but not all) of my Performances are corrupt. Not just one. But going through my various Performances, I have plucked sounds that sound like chimes. I have a clap sound that I can see has changed to a different sound (a high hat). There's lots of this kind of business spread throughout multiple Performances. I haven't been doing any editing lately. I don't use JM tools or export/import sounds. I haven't touched user in a while. Most everything sounds messed up although some PARTs are still in tact.
I do have backups - so I do not feel like I'll be substantially impacted as long as the problem is with user memory and not something else. I wouldn't think it should be anything else - but you never know.
UPDATE: Checking the owner's manual - this is the exact message displayed:
Please reboot to maintain internal memory.
It appears that after "reboot" (power cycle) - not all internal memory made it through. I wonder what could cause this kind of error.
UPDATE 2: An interesting observance is that the names of the Performances themselves do not appear corrupt. I haven't noticed any that are. But certainly the element's waveform pointers (inside PARTs) are now pointing to wrong waveforms as one corruption issue. So it's just not a shotgun scatter-shot of memory. Looks localized a bit - even though multiple (possibly all) user Performances have some corruption.