Once of the reasons I chose Yamaha after being a long time Roland user is Yamaha's continued support for their products making a YAMAHA instrument while being more expensive a long time investment. Roland on the other hand cancels support for their products very quickly, sometimes releasing 'mark 2' or just a better product that does everything and more only a year or two later.
I believe Montage's Hardware is top of the line including build quality and key action and I think Yamaha should continue improving upon its software for the benefit of existing users and future buyers. I have a few suggestions for what I would like to see in a next update, which is hopefully coming:
1) Not sure if it exists, but would be extremely useful to have a "master efx" setting (similar to a FX peda post outputl) which is saved all throughout while scrolling through various sounds. I have many dry DX7 sysex patches I scroll through to play and get ideas going , inspiration or just for fun but every time I wanna add some reverb/chorus. Back when I had a fx pedal it was rather easy but every time I switch sound I need to set up the efx from scratch and I don't really wanna go into the process of constantly saving and overwriting these dry patches.
2) the new Yamaha CP-88 C7 piano sound, and new Rhodes, U1 piano as well would be great if could be implemented into Montage, even for a symbolic price. I asked YAMAHA for that a while ago on YouTube and they responded "we're considering it" but since then radio silence. Aside from the CP88 the Genos has some of those new sounds, people who currently buy the Montage are behind on that department.
3) Some more Efx type presets would be useful, especially for some of the more commonly used ones, notably reverbs and delays but also some modulation efx ..
4) Maybe some bug fixes for the touchscreen, sometimes it lags especially when adding more sounds to a performance but not too bad, I believe an optimization is definitely needed though, since it still persists for me after calibration. Faster workflow tweaks would be nice if you guys could think of ways to improve upon that.
5) more sounds presets definitely, even using existing materials/Wave Rom. I'd love having more Organs patches (especially combo), more "analog" style synths, Choirs and pianos/EPs. More FM presets would be cool since FM is less used compared to AWM2 and FM is harder to program for most users including myself but has incredible sounds...
Also anything you guys would like to see added? I'm curious as to what other suggestions people here might have I am 100% sure I haven't thought about many things that could be useful/good to improve/add even the tiniest of changes.
Thanks YAMAHA for listening to your customer.