There are only two kinds of technology users, those who backup their data and those who have catastrophes...
Make sure you backup each Library, your User Bank, your Songs, all of your data. Performing the firmware update 1.50 will wipe out the Libraries, the User Bank, even the Songs in your Song folder. (I recommend you have a .mid File for each installed Song). You will need to reinstall your Libraries!
(Details: You cannot make a direct backup of your Library data - if you have installed a Library and have that original file, locate it before doing the Firmware Update). If not, use the IMPORT LIBRARY File feature to move the Library data to the USER Bank and then SAVE as "Library file".)
The download includes instructions. Don't forget to download the new version of the Montage Connect (v1.0.2)
Read the documentation twice. Once before performing the update, and then the second time as you perform the update. The actual update is easy, a child could do it. The important thing is to not interrupt the process once it has begun. In the unlikely event you get struck by lightning or your power goes off during the process, you will need to redo the firmware update process, again, when power is restored. If it will not proceed contact your regional Yamaha office... when your power is restored. Otherwise, do not interrupt the firmware update process, and you will be fine.
Because new Performance data has been added, and new features, you may find you have to or you may want to, redo and/or tweak your custom setups. One piece of good news, the new firmware adds the BACKUP FILE (.7XA) which from now on will allow you to place everything in one file (good news for traveling musicians who rent backline Montage's) - you can transfer "your" Montage to the borrowed unit in one operation.
- This updater is only for the MONTAGE synthesizer.
- This updater is to be used at the user's own risk.
- All User memory (Library data, User data, User sample and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you have saved all User data to a USB flash drive before performing this update.
- The unit may become inoperable if the electrical supply is interrupted while running the updater (by disconnecting the AC cord, etc.). If this happens, run the updater again from the first step.
- If the unit does not function after running the updater, please contact your nearest Yamaha service center.
Yamaha Global Gateway