I'm very excited about the Montage. I'm dying to see more of the sound editing.
The Montage surely is promoted to be a live performance instrument, but let's not forget it's a synthesizer at heart.
I can't wait to try messing around with motion sequencing together with FM-X, it seems like a stunning combo.
I have a few questions, I'll just line'em up.
1. Will it be possible to make drum kits based on FM-X? (FM is just awesome for percussion sounds).
2. Will the hardware controls work as editor controls when in sound edit mode?
3. How does the polyphony usage work? Will 8 elements/operators use 8 notes?
4. Can I order a DX7 themed Version (it would sound better this way!)?
5. Is the Keybed on Montage 6/7 similar to the Motif XS 6/7? (XS had pretty good keybed, never tried XF).
PS. Hope we can get a DX7mkIII with knob per function (one operator at a time) with effects in the future. Would be a blast!