I'm trying to get my android tablet (marshmallow) connected with my montage 7 to use the setlist maker app. It already cost me a lot of sleep :-) and i still can not get it wright. Is there somebody out here who's got this working?
This is my set up:
1. samsung galaxy tab a
2. usb OTG cable ( y cable with adapter power)
3. usb to host cable to from micro usb to the usb host port of the montage
4. set up the montage to use the USB port for midi
5. Set the android tablet MTP mode to midi (the developer option)
6. Installed a USB midi monitoring app on the tablet to monitor MIDI incoming signals.
When i connect the tablet to the montage and start the midi monitoring app i don't see any signals comming into the tablet. Also outgoing signals won't work. So it looks like there is no midi communication over the USB to host port.
Any help is welcome!! It drives me crazy.......