I am a new MODX8 user. My church also has a Nord Electro 6D... clearly, I would like to use the MODX as a keyboard controller so that I don't have to touch the Nord's lousy keyboard.
After multiple hours of trying over the past 2 weeks, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I need step by step instructions and the manuals are garbage. Even with the equally terrible NORD manuals, I was able to figure out (I think I did... sure can't prove it) that it's now listening on MIDI Channel 1... but nothing is coming to it from the yamaha board.
1. I want to create a brand new performance with no internal parts associated with the MODX.
2. I want to Send MSB CC 0, LSB CC 0, and Pgm 3 to the Nord to invoke its B3 Jazz Organ sound (Program A13).
3. I guess I want local control off on the yamaha.
4. I am using a USB cable... it's connected to the 'to device' side on the MODX (the rectangular end), and the (lone) USB port on the Nord (that's the squarish end that you'd normally hook up to a printer).
5. I want to save all this stuff so that I can then copy the new performance around and tweak the CC's to invoke other Nord sounds. If all of the above is accomplished, I think I oughta be able to figure that out... but let's not assume that now.
Yes - this is a noob question: Sorry, but I don't care... the manuals should cover this kind of obvious, basic operation. It doesn't. People with 30+ computer industry experience should be able to figure this out. Looking at the other questions on here, it looks like I'm not even in the right league as I can't hardly comprehend what I'm reading, From my point of reference, I can't even get started. We spent a bunch of money and I can't even use the blasted thing.