I have a few suggestions for some possible changes that I'd like to see and hope others also.
The first is there needs to be x3 OS for the Montage _ Studio, Live performance and its Current Yamaha factory incarnation.
1: Studio mode
• Whilst in this mode only 4 channels of audio will be available. More would be better but users will understand the sacrifice needed in order to add the additional synth engine.
• Additional virtual analog style synth engine. Authentic emulations of the Moog, Oberhiem etc.
• There should be exactly the same setup in regards to elements per part but obviously master program effects such as filter that modulates all elements simultaneous.
• Updated synth GUI that models traditional VST anlaog synth design. Please think Access Virus, Ominisphere etc for inspiration.
• Rupert Neve RND EQ and Compressor should be available as a Montage purchase. Specifically coded versions of RND portico plug-ins that Montage users can purchase as a download. Should be able to run several instances of these plugins per channel.
• In order to take advantage of the wonderful PAC technology more easily a simple export button menu should be made available where by the Monatge syncs with cubase and exports all selected lanes (individually) of audio in real-time through your user interface for recording into Cubase.
2: Performance mode
• This is used for live playing. I don’t play live and so don’t have many suggestions for this mode other than it will need to allow easy access to common performance features. I am sure that the live performers have already suggested lots of updates in the new OS.
3: Yamaha mode
• As currently is with the necessary updates as requested by the users on previous threads.
I am not a programmer and so my understanding of developing a new synth engine is perhaps a bit ideological and greatly simplified but hopefully I have conveyed the needs of modern sound designers away from performance based musicians.
Whilst such implementations may be expensive I would happily argue that a truly hybrid virtual analog synth really is the modern studio holy grail and that it would be quickly adopted by forward thinking producers. That spells Yamaha cash cow!! Currently the Montage’s main appeal is as a performance synth however it has really not been marketed as such (more studio hyped) and some early adopters feel a little hard done by once they receive the machine.
I wonder if anyone who is particularly clued up in terms of synth hardware, processing power and software design could advise on the feasibility of my suggestions in regards to implementation?
Please feel free to add anything you feel I have missed or even if you just think these requests are wildly outlandish. Lets conversate